The Student Council
The Student Council is a representative structure, through which students in St Aloysius’ College can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students.
Role of the Council
Our Student Council consists of 12 Students, two representatives from each year group, whose role includes the following:
- To enhance communication between students, management, staff and parents.
- To promote friendship and respect among pupils.
- To support the management and staff in the development of the school.
- To represent the views of the students on matters of general concern to them and to ensure that students issues are listened to and given due consideration.
- The Democratic Election of Representatives
- Elections to the Student Council take place in September every year, two student representatives from 2nd to 6th year.
- They are joined at the end of October by the two rule elected First Year representatives.
The Council meets regularly during the school year to discuss any student related issues which are brought to its attention. These meetings are attended by the Student Council Liaison Teacher and often the Principal or Deputy Principal will drop in.
At these meetings the Student Council representatives represent student’s views. It is a forum for student concerns to be addressed.
In St. Aloysius College the Student Council has a consultative role. Students are involved in and contribute to the introduction and or amendments to policies such as our Code of Conduct, Anti- Bullying, Homework etc.
Student Council 2018/19
6th Year – Abbie Delaney & Caoimhe Mulkeen
5th Year – Lucy O’Dwyer & Tammy Ofomba
TY – Maeve Wall & Loulou MacHale
3rd Year – Siofra Kelly & Amy Morrissey
2nd Year – Áine McGrath & Lucy Greene
1st Year – Abby Fitzgerald & Holly Madden
Student Council 2017/18
6th Year – Lucy Higgins & Orla Cronin
5th Year – Kate Casey & Kate Hyland
TY – Clara Dunlea & Alyssa Ryan
3rd Year – Kate O’Shea & Kate O’Donovan
2nd Year – Alice Hickey & Sarah Doherty
1st Year – Keely Fitzgerald & Éabha Twomey
Student Council 2016/17
6th Year – Becky Murphy & Jessica Long
5th Year – Abigail Sheehan & Miriam Curtain
TY – Aoibhe Joyce & Rosie Forde
3rd Year – Debbie Igboanusi & Halimat Adeboyega
2nd Year – Sam Anderson & Kate Gardiner
1st Year – Kalyssa Manning & Laura Cotter